During this retreat in the beautiful Les Landes area in the South West of France, you will experience and discover diverse manifestations of RITUALS. Learning more about the history of pottery, ceramics and natural glazes in a holistic intuitive way, practicing (silent) matcha ceremonies, yoga & movement, cooking and enjoying delicious and nutritious food by the active food chef Lisa Mueller while spending quality time in the middle of nature.
You will be able to replenish and revive by the ocean, create art while reconnecting to yourself on a deeper level and develop your own daily rituals that serve your individual needs - especially once you return home to “real life”.
Elizaveta Barsega will be your host & teacher during the ceramic and natural glazing classes. Expect unpredictable experiments, loads of practical knowledge, learning what the lava ash is for, how wood ashes melt and hundreds of other insights from the intersections of geology, pottery and alchemy and loads of poetry in the crafting process.
If you are curious about Natural Glazing and intend to dive deep into this topic, this retreat is a perfect opportunity. The knowledge you are going to receive is the essence of years of Elizaveta’s research, experiments and fieldwork in the Moroccan desert, Riff Mountains, Canary Islands and Chiang Mai.
Lisa Mueller will take care of the daily matcha ceremonies where you will learn everything about the history, cultivation and spiritual background of this ancient ritual. She will also feed the group nourishing meals, delicious raw desserts and healthy snacks while sharing her experience as a chef, recipe developer and nutritionist so you can implement this knowledge back home.
Our days will consist of morning matchas, movement (yoga or pilates), big brunch, ceramic / pottery / natural glazing classes, beach time (surfing if you like), dinner around the fire and time to just relax, connect and enjoy the forest & ocean.
8. - 14.October 2022
Seignosse, South-West France
Early Bird: 1000€ until 30.June
Regular Price: 1200€ starting 1.July
Upfront Payment of 300€ - difference has to be paid 14 days prior to the retreat!
Accommodation at Ocean Shelter
Daily morning matcha ritual
Breakfast / brunch, snacks and dinner (organic, local, vegan & gluten-free options)
Pottery classes incl. all the material and final creations
Daily Yoga and pilates classes
“Active Food” cooking workshop and hands on classes
Surf class (beginner / advance) - 30€ / person
Massage or Physio Therapy
* special dietary requirements can be accommodated on request
1) For cancellations made more than 30 days prior to the retreat start date, all payments made will be refunded.
2) For cancellations made less than 30 days prior to the retreat start date any payments made will be refunded minus the non-refundable deposit (300€).
3) There will be no refunds for arriving late, leaving early, flight cancellations, travel delays or illness (unless you find someone to fill your spot - we are happy to help you with this!)
4) Cancellation possible due to COVID-19 issues* up to 7 days before the start of the retreat. In case a cancellation is needed a rescheduling of the retreat will be given (free of charge). This rescheduling can take place until 2023.
For questions please email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org