Membership at Barsega Studio & Gallery is a brilliant opportunity to dive deep into the world of ceramics, develop your independent work, have a place to fire your creations and be connected to a community of like-minded artists and designers.
Access to Membership opportunity is only available for graduates of Ceramic Design Course or people with comparable experience. This is important to ensure that we all share a common language and sufficient knowledge of the craft. If you haven’t graduated our Ceramic Design Course, please tell us a bit about your practice and ceramic experience via email prior to booking (email@example.com).
HERE`S HOW IT WORKS:
- Once a month you get 2kg of clay from us (you can pick it up at the studio any Friday 17:30-19:30)
- You work with it independently from home.
- Once a month we welcome you for the Clay Salon - a 3h event where you get to:
/meet & greet other creatives working with medium of ceramics from their homes, art studios and creative spaces
/share your experiences and challenges while an experiences mentor gives you advice on how to navigate through it and shares tips and tricks
/glaze your work all together
For each Clay Salon our studio founder, Elizaveta Barsega will mix one single natural glaze from diverse minerals, plant ashes and lava sands. Each month it could be a different shade, but only one color per event. HERE you can see the diversity of colours that come out of Elizavetas natural glaze research to envision what it could be.
/learn ancient ways of glazing
At Clay Salon we will introduce you to Raw Glazing. It is an ancient technique of applying glaze onto ceramic pieces without prior bisque firing. (Bisque firing was introduced with industrialisation simply because factory workers were not skilled enough to handle the traditional technique.)
60 euro/ month
2 kg clay + firing + glaze + Clay Salon Event included
Membership: Ceramic Weekly Sessions is a membership-based opportunity.
Please, scroll to the bottom of the page for detailed Terms & Conditions of the membership.
If you wish, you can get following extras:
2 kg of clay - 25 euro (inc. firing & glazing costs)
Tool Kit - 35 euro (all the basic tools you need for working with clay)
Upcoming Clay Salon Events :
July 26 // 7-10 pm
August 30 // 7-10 pm
September 26 // 7-10 pm
October 24 // 7-10 pm
November 30 // 7-10 pm
All the glazes & painting materials at Barsega Studio are created and prepared by us in our studio out of forest stones, powdered minerals and natural pigments. We believe in Ceramics as a medium to connect with the Earth itself, our roots, origins and the essence of our existence.
These sessions are aiming to build a small artistic community within the studio, that shares the passion for organic shapes, natural materials and traditional techniques.
STUDIO MEMBERSHIP · BARSEGA STUDIO GALLERY · TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Barsega Studio Membership has a duration of at least 2 months.
- If It's your first Clay Salon session and you didn´t yet collect your clay/ make your first pieces, we will give you a handcrafted piece to glaze during the session as a replacement.
- On your first Clay Salon you will be introduced to the special stage of dryness which your creations have to be at when you bring then for glazing at Clay Salon. Haven't yet attended the first session, take it easy and bring your creations at any stage of dryness.
- Once you make a purchase of your first month online, you can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know from which month you would like to begin.
If you don´t reach out to us within 7 days after your purchase, the month in which you made a purchase counts as the first month of your membership.
Please, bring your payments in cash, so we have them all coming through the same way and it's easier for us to keep track of it.
6. Your membership can be paused for 1 month a year. In that case you can inform us that the payment you bring to the session counts for the month which would follow after the one you skip.
7. Don´t worry if you can not come to the Clay Salon during some months. You are fully entitled to pick up your clay for the missed month/ months and bring pieces you make out of it over for firing & glazing at the next Clay Salon.
If you don't come to the Clay Salon event (or several of them), your membership doesn´t get automatically paused or cancelled. The payment for the months you´ve missed would be requested to pay at the first Clay Salon you attend again.
8. If you would like to cancel your Membership, you have to let us know on the day of the Clay Salon at latest or any time sooner via email. In that case your membership becomes inactive starting from the following month.
E.g. At the Clay Salon at the end of March you could let us know that you would like to step out from April on and therewith not pay for the April membership.
9. We recommend you to take pictures of your creations and make sure that you signed them before leaving them to the magic of the kiln. We really live in a sea of pieces and these kinds of signs are super helpful to track your piece and make sure they land in the right box.
10. Your pieces are always fired and ready for pick up on the day of Clay Salon. Please, don´t come to pick them up earlier. 🤍
11. We are always very open for feedback and eager to continuously improve. Feel very welcome to let us know what we could do better at any time via email@example.com